THE WINNERS OF METROSCAPES 2017
Some MetroBus shelters will soon be looking a little more vibrant compliments of winning artwork selected for the 2017 MetroScapes, a Metro Arts in transit program. The original artwork, selected from a group of nearly 150 submissions, will be installed at over 200 MetroBus shelters and will remain on display for a year.
The winning artists and the titles of their works are:
- Derek Holland, Left Hand #2
- Valerie Hosna, Lotus Bud and Blossom
- Ellie Balk, STLMAP
- Rosa Nevarez, Sailor Goldfish Portrait
- Genevieve Esson, Reflections on Color
- Andrew Van Der Tuin, Ben’s Blue Bear
- Edward Taylor, Good Things
- Nancy Rice, Stargazing
- Brian DePauli, The BriZone
- Joyce McClain, Melancholy
This year’s MetroScapes program is supported by the PNC Foundation through the PNC Arts Alive initiative, who in June awarded Metro Arts in Transit a $20,000 grant to support the program. The multi-year initiative of the PNC Foundation is dedicated to supporting visual and performing arts groups with the goal of increasing arts access and engagement in new and innovative ways.
See the “Opportunities” section for more information about current “Call to Artist” requests.